Home Photos Photos Japanese Contact

I don't know where this optimism for next year is coming from... Perhaps its living with people I genuinely like, or maybe its because I've braved the first year and have developed a smugness. I don't have to work hard as those in their final year, and I can lecture the first years on life in Sheffield and beyond.

I'm starting to plan what I'm going to do for freshers, as last year was a bit of a washout because I still felt way out of my comfort zone at times. It should be nice if we can get something organised for all the JS crew (that's Japanese Studies folks) as it would be really good to get to know everyone. The wonderful thing about Japanese at Sheffield is that because its such a niche subject, everyone knows everyone and there is a friendly, family feel amongst the people who study it.

Hopefully the dates we plan for the intro thing, will be on a date that suits my timetable! ^o^

There is something weird in the air. Maybe its week old beer and monster munch farts, but I think this year is going be quite good for me. Maybe, just... maybe. We shall see. Optimism is an usual thing. I just wish it isn't a cruel one.

0 comments: