Home Photos Photos Japanese Contact

Yay! I've finally moved in. My room is clean(ish) my flatmates are nice and clean (in more ways than one *cough*) and I got the internet working as well. The flat itself is not a bad price considering we get a flat screen HD-TV, super fast broadband, a big bed and en-suite. Oh sir, with these facilities you really are spoiling us. Overall I think we are saving about 500 to 600 from last year.

Rockingham House (awesome name) is literally a stone's throw from campus - which is handy for those nights out - and given the fact its on a fairly uncommon route - is not always full of students keeping everyone awake.

I also seem to be the only white person in this entire building! Seriously. Yay for ethnic diversity! But its obviously something I'm going to have to get used to in a few years as I'll be surrounded by Japanese/Chinese/Koreans all day. Its a weird experience being back in Sheffield right now. No-one is back and the IC has a creepy air about it. The air of saddos studying in their own time. Saddos like me.

I really now have to start studying though. The kanji writing come and go like the wind, but the readings should really be set in stone. I discovered a fair few extra readings which we haven't learned but which are probably quite effective in a few years. I also gave myself a scare when I had a sneak peak at the Year Abroad handbook. Its really putting me off now. The whole money/jouyou kanji/scholarship thing. I have come to the realisation that I probably won't get into my chosen uni (whatever that is) and won't get a scholarship (I don't work hard enough) and won't get a girlfriend, a well paying job or a nice car. Woe is me. >o<

Apparently I've learnt the following already;

* I can't work until 3 months into my visa (which the uni will advise against even after the 3 months.)
* I have to obtain a certificate of eligibility - which is issued in July/August (when I may be in China!)
* I need to take this thing to the Hong Kong embassy - because the Japanese embassy in China don't issue to non-Chinese nationals and take an age to sort things out.
* I need about 6 grand in the bank

Oh well. These are problems for another day. I have to plan and apply for my trip yet! And I also have to pass this year!

Laters;

Richard
リチャード☆
(Putting the Rock in Rockingham House!) ^o^

0 comments: