Home Photos Photos Japanese Contact

I still haven't received my timetable for the 2nd year yet, which is kinda annoying because I have to start planning what I can and can't do next year. It seems pointless volunteering to do something if I have a load of work to do or come off the backend of a seven consecutive lectures (well not really, but you get the point.)

Strangely this year, I will be having less contact time than I did in the first year. Last year I had four allotted things to go to for Linguistics and now I just have to stay awake during two lectures. However I am expected to read a shit load of books for it. I actually feel more energised doing this as last year I seemed rather perturbed by being forced to do my modules last year.

Lexicology still haven't released any info over times yet, so provisionally my timetable could be looking like this;

Monday: 9.00 - 10.00 - Japanese Grammar (you;d think this would be a pain, but you don't know my grammar teacher! ;-))
Tuesday: 12:10 - 13:00 - Japanese Grammar
Wednesday: 11:00 - 12:00 - Japanese
Wednesday: 13:00 - 14:00 - Lecture
Thursday: 10:00 - 11:00 - Japanese
Thursday: 12:00 - 13:00 - Lecture
Friday: 9:00 - 10:00 - Japanese

If sensei is reading this, I prefer the early morning affairs - because I'm usually more awake. Thankfully last year we had grammar classes at 12, 10 and 9. Hehe. Somewhere I have to sandwich in two lectures and I will happily pay for them to be on Monday, any time after 11am on Tuesday. I want that Friday free goddamn it!

Overall its shaping up quite nicely. I just wish MOLE would fucking update so I can have a gander around the files for next year. >o< I have managed to download the listening exercise for week 1 of Japanese and my reaction is...

Holy shit. Well I understood the basic gist and its about Bob (the legend of Sheffield) preparing to study for his year abroad in japan. The problem with my listening is that I always understand the least important bits and don't focus on the main stuff. Well, apparently his friends want him to do his best! Its not as if I struggle to understand what is being said it just takes a while for my brain to join the dots and get the overall picture. I need a lot of practice in this!

Lastly I am making changes to my summer travelling plans. It looks like I will not be going to SE Asia as planned and am deciding to shelve it until one year later (still going on the Trans-Siberian though) - more info on this soon...!

0 comments: