Home Photos Photos Japanese Contact

Funny things always seem to happen to me on the way to the gym. First I saw Tony Chang smoking outside of Tesco. The Chinese legend who runs my local Chinese restaurant and whose daughter I fancied at one point. Secondly I saw two dogs having sex. Erm, yeah. But its not like I see this very often. It was just very random. Thirdly. Its sunny! OMG! What is wrong with the UK right now?

I spoke to my friend Aya recently. She is off to Birmingham, the same time I am off to Japan. Lol. Just my luck eh? She is also seriously doubting her confidence to get the grades required to study abroad in the UK, depite the fact her English is fantastic. I honestly think some Japanese lack confidence sometimes and its often the people who are most ashamed or embarrassed about their English who are the best speakers of it. The people who randomnly approach gaijin for free 英会話 are usually awful English speakers and they struggle to understand you, even if you omit all known words and just grunt. Perhaps its just a case of classic Japanese humility.

I suppose for her, she is in a catch 22 of sorts. Because living in England for a year would no doubt increase her confidence and level of English to an extremely high standard. However she needs the high grades in English in order to do that.

Meanwhile at El Tropico del Middlesbrough, yours truly is donning his Rafa Nadal pirate pants and sunglasses and enjoying the weather whilst it lasts.

じゃね☆

0 comments: