Home Photos Photos Japanese Contact

I seem to have recently discovered a few noticers of this blog, one who shall remain nameless (although let's for arguments sake say its my flatmate who has this linked up to his new I-phone) and the other is potentially my sensei.

As a result I have to tone down the language and discussion a little bit...

*sniff*

Ah fuck it. Arse, tits, bollocks, cum, shitbags.

Anyways my speaking test is up tomorrow and I have done naff all revision. I think it will go badly, but when I am in this relaxing mood of "hey I might have failed the exam and won't go to Japan next year" I feel somewhat relaxed. I am also more concerned about the other two exams on Tuesday and Wednesday, as really want to do well on those (except Lexicology.)

Also this oral exam, currently counts as 2.5% of our overall grade for the module. I say 'currently', as there is student discontent with many people expressing (rightly in my opinion) that the exam should not count for 80% of the entire module and it should be spread more evenly across all areas. The problem for me, is that I have truly neglected some of the speaking/listening classes in lieu of this - tbh, I treat them as like having some nightclasses or something. Disengage brain, hope for the best. My speaking has becoming awful, since I have been doing nothing but looking at kanji and grammar. Again, if I knew that the exam counted for less, I would have spread my revision evenly across listening, speaking and grammar/kanji etc.

Oh well. I just hope I can pull something out. Normally I can, but I haven't memorised anything. I might just go over some grammar and hope it works out. I'll use masu form and a couple of intotations to liven it up a bit. Its supposed to be a monogatari type thing (making up a story based on pictures.) I got a 2.1 for my last speaking exam, but then I had Chris to pull me up (because he really did work hard for that.)

Still, the only way I can really fail this exam is to not say anything in Japanese. The plan is as follows; Down at the union by 9am, lucozade inside me by 9.30, shitting myself outside the office by 9.45 and then by 10.30 I should be free, free.... FREE... to go downstairs and cram some more for Lexicology (which I will fail in as well.) Its just gotten to the point, where I want to learn it, but at the same time I don't. I can remember something like 500 out of the first 850 lines in Chaucer's Canterbury Tales were of French origin and something about Taboo and the usage of morphology - derivational, affixation, sense-development, extension, restriction, blah, blah, blah...

Well, see you on the other side...

Jaa ne.

0 comments: