Home Photos Photos Japanese Contact

Oral exam. Done.

The less said about it the better. Tbf, our two Japanese teachers were really supportive, but it was just so damn hard to memorise stuff and think of a story in 5 mins. It was like having a job interview for a job you don't want. I came out giggling like a Japanese schoolgirl in the end, trying to mask the pain of how bad it was. The two Chris's (probably my closest allies on this course) both came out with the reaction of being KO'ed by Ricky Hatton.

Tomorrow, will see my penultimate exam at Sheffield Wednesday Football Club. About 20 minutes on the tram and a nice walk down to the football stadium. I think I'll stop off near the pub at the top of the ground and gain some Dutch courage before I go in. I am now approaching this Lexicology exam with caution. I could just about pass it, with the cramming of info I have done, but it all depends on what comes up - as I think my bare notes might just not make it. I guarentee some esoteric thing he mentioned during one of my memory lapses in the lectures will come back to haunt me. And to think I had a 100% attendance on that module (sames goes for Minorities as well - but I have been reading tons of crap for that module.)

Thankfully it should be the last Linguistics module I ever take in my life. Its social sciences all the way now. I have to make two appointments to make the change to switch to full time Japanese Studies. To complocate matters, I've decided to go home for next week, meaning that the change can't possibly happen until next semester - by which time the English department will be still sending me crap about fucking Drama studio whilst telling me to sign up to seminars for some module I have no interest in taking. I also might have to try and work out my timetable for semester II as the times aren't listed yet.

Wonderful, just wonderful

See you on the other side folks...

0 comments: