Home Photos Photos Japanese Contact

What a waste.

I've procrastinated today. I woke up at 9am, ready for an assault on the library - but suddenly felt a rush of tiredness. Fell back to sleep, woke up and then decided walk around in the sunshine in my shorts and t-shirt. It was truly glorious. Probably the best weather of the year so far. Despite that, I came back to my flat from this nonsense wondering about, ate some chicken tikka pasties and then watched my team get relegated. I'll save you the grizzly details of how and why we got relegated after 11 years in the Premiership - but if you must here you are. Interesting and sad at the same time. I am tempted to fuck my exams up just so I can stay here in Sheffield for one more year to watch us play at Hillsborough (or even Brammall Lane!)

I just can't believe I wasted today - especially considering I have an exam on Thursday. I mean, it was such a pointless waste. I could have done a ton of more interesting things to while away the time. Lie in the sun, read some interesting works of literature, write a love letter to girlwhohappenstobemyfriend - but NO. Instead I just slept, ate, pissed around on youtube and did minimal work.

The only notable thing I have done is to just glance over some notes concerning Japan's economic slide and finish up my classical Japanese translation, which is ready to hand in on Tuesday morning. That will mean I have done 1 out of 3 modules this year and go into the next ones feeling a little bemused over how well I'll do. I've severely lost some passion for this course now - and hopefully next year will rescue me (both a long and short way off at the same time.)

*ugh* I'm sitting here typing this with a ton of kanji flashcards and my grammar notes, all the while wondering when I can finish this year. It seriously can't come soon enough. I should really make up for today by working my arse off tomorrow. This time I mean it... No, I really do. I don't care how tired I feel, or how depressed.

0 comments: