Home Photos Photos Japanese Contact

Wow, such a long time since I blogged last. Some good news, some bad, some middling. The good news is that I passed my medical exam for Japan, but thoroughly ballsed my Japanese language exam up. I was pushing hard for a 2.1, had a high 2.2, but then apparently, I completely bombed on one section of the exam, resulting in a 48.

Gutted.

There is nothing I can do, but I seriously think the lack of prep and how quickly I rushed through it killed me. What annoys me is that there are obviously some people who got higher than me, yet I know my other grades along the board are higher. I'm not going to say that some people didn't deserve to score higher than me - but it sucks given all the hard work I put in. If the grades were constantly low, I could have taken that, but that one section on one exam has screwed my grade up. At first I went through a range of emotions, but now I am resigned to just passing this year. I'm more concerned about gaining a 2.1 for masters purposes than obtaining a scholarship for next year. I would take in a heartbeat a PG scholarship to study abroad in Hong Kong rather than a JASSO one for next year.

Also, it appears I'm starting a blog in Japanese soon for my language classes. Oh wait... Well, let's just say there's going to be more Japanese appearing on this blog soon. I'm still not sure whether I'll seperate the English or the Japanese into different sections or not.

Finally, I think I'm truly fed up of this year now. Whether its because Japan is on the horizon or that all the women in my life have deserted me, I don't know. I have 10 weeks of lectures to go, and according to my flatmate - this time will just fly by. *ugh* I would love it to, but at the same time, I just want it to drag on and on - because in many ways I don't want it to. I will leave many things behind and many amazing and kind people as well. I just want to get my head down, eat, sleep, study, pass, open my eyes and just hope everything has turned out well.

On a truly final note: I think my laptop's hard-drive is well and truly dead now. It keeps making funny sounds and is going as slow as a snail crawling on its belly through thick tar.

0 comments: