Home Photos Photos Japanese Contact

MAN FLU!!!!

Alas, I have caught the dreaded man flu! Oh woe is me! Thankfully, this gave me a great excuse not to do any studying on Friday and Saturday. Now, as a result of my intolerable and suffering man-flu, I'm struggling to remember these kanji and am typing this while rapidly trying to cram them into my brain. I can remember 'doubt', 'omit' and 'impression'. There is also one about 'self reflection' and 'crime' which I can't remember for the life of me... hansei and hanzai? How confusing is that?

I've also completed my sakubun (which is really awful) in which I had to write about my holidays. I'll post the corrected version soon, because no doubt it will be riddled with silly mistakes, which is the hallmark of my written Japanese.

As a result of kanji uselessness, sakubun ineptitude and man-flu, my Japanese flatmate wants nothing to do with me. He's now avoiding me like the plague, even though its just a cold, sorry man-flu. *cough* *cough *splutter*. Granted, it doesn't seem as bad as last year, when my chest felt like it was melting for about 4 weeks but I'd rather get it now than when the exam/essay season rolls around. If you are gonna get sick, get sick when the work is relatively light I say...

Besides, he gave me a cold last year, so its only fair that I infect him this year as revenge.

My physical health has also seemed to be detoriating, depsite the fact I have lost some weight (that's the hills of Sheffield, fruit and veg and plenty of walks everywhere in this great slopey city of ours!) My feet are smelling thanks to some potent athelte's feet that won't go away, my nose has a huge spot on it and my man-flu is making me snivel all the time.

Great. A sniveling, spotty, overweight Englisman with smelly feet. Line up ladies.

0 comments: